Selection Criteria – Supporting Submissions
Educators who are nominated in the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards have the opportunity to place a supporting submission to strengthen their entry into the awards.
Educators will be notified of their nomination by email.
Once a submission is received, an educator’s entry will be assessed and evaluated against the following criteria:
How does the educator demonstrate best practice in:
- Incorporating the National Quality Standard and the approved learning frameworks into their family day care as a means to ensure quality outcomes for children?
- Providing individual learning and developmental programming?
- Inclusive practice – celebrating uniqueness, diversity and belonging?
- Engaging with families regarding their child’s learning and development?
- Incorporating innovative practice in contributing to quality outcomes for children?
- Developing programs and practices that demonstrate a commitment to sustainable practice?
Additional criteria for the Star Awards
The Emerging Star - The winner of the award must have started family day care after 1 January 2015.
The Perpetual Star - The winner of the award must have started family day care before 2002.
The Innovative Star - How does the educator incorporate innovation in contributing to quality outcomes for children?
The Green Star - How does the educator excel in the development and implementation of programs and practices that demonstrate a commitment to sustainable practice?